Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that's shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it's our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on quality, leading-edge projects that drive your career forward. |
Based at our World Class engineering and manufacturing site in Derby, we are currently looking to recruit a Plant Engineering Manager (m/f).
The Plant Engineering Manager (m/f) is tasked with ensuring the proper functionality of the Derby plant. He/she will coordinate a team of Plant Engineers/Technicians, looking after the maintenance of all equipment, bays and tracks.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges:
- Develop and implement a process using the team approach, where first line maintenance activities are assigned to maintenance/operations/test personnel and colleagues are trained to carry out these activities. Engage teams to sustain and continuously improve change over, design, reliability and serviceability. Ensure that the maintenance schedule is achieved on time
- Develop and implement a system where Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) tasks (for all equipment, tooling, machinery, test facilities, movement vehicles etc) including preventative and corrective maintenance are developed utilizing all relevant sources of information such as supplier data, maintenance, engineering and historical information.
- Audit TPM system, identify and implement plans to continuously increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) levels.
- Ensure that all equipment, tools, roads, pedestrian walkways and car parks and machinery are maintained according to appropriate legislation and statutory inspections are recorded and stored for external/internal verification.
- Maintain a documented maintenance spare parts process (roles and responsibilities, periodic reviews, quantities, lead-time, cost, visual tracking etc) to assure the effectiveness of spares inventory.
- Ensure that critical spare parts (which cannot be replaced within takt time) are identified and a control plan is set.
- Actively encourage/develop teams to improve the availability, robustness and capability of this equipment.
- Ensure legal compliance, track and improve the use of energy, waste and utilities. Proactively communicate to all colleagues, energy consumption and potential savings to raise awareness and the need to reduce our dependency and improve our level of recycling. Maintain utility services to ensure no disruption to site operations.
- Manage the outsourced contracts such as security, cleaning, catering and plant hire. Ensure that appropriate standards of service are maintained through regular reviews and monitoring.
- Provide full control of all approved capital expenditure. Raise all Eccar documentation and ensure that capital expenditure is managed within approved budget. Ensure contractor compliance with legislation and Bombardier systems and procedures including permits, risk assessments and pre/post evaluations.
- Comply and assist with the site's objectives regarding health, safety and environment.
- Qualified in Plant Engineering, management and preferably engineering
- HSE qualification - NEBOSH preferred but not required
- Good commercial understanding
- Proven experience in people management
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Good stakeholder management abilities
- Proven experience in managing own budget
- Knowledge of TPM (Total productive maintenance) and/or PPM (plant preventive management) software packages
- Strong resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in English
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions that are almost fully recyclable energy.
Posting date: 26.09.2016
Closing date: 26.10.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37