Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.|
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based at our site in Derby, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Warranty Manager for our Aventra platform:
The Warranty Manager is responsible to manage the contractual warranty material requirements for the designated project, supporting the Service Introduction Manager and the customer, whilst delivering the project within the authorised financial budget.
- To ensure the Bombardier Transportation supplier contract documents contain the terms and conditions required to support operational warranty in the field
- To support Procurement in the negotiation of the warranty terms with key external suppliers
- Develop the materials budget including spend analysis and forecasting each quarter for EAC purposes
- To manage the supplier contracts during the defects liability period ensuring the identification of required spares and their ongoing availability to meet the depot requirements
- To review suppliers organisation, processes, KPI's reporting process and how they manage defective materials
- Review and question suppliers outcome reports regarding failure modes, facilitating cross functional reviews, internally and externally to identify route causes and to develop potential solutions
- Ability to challenge the information provided both internally and externally with the supplier/customer to establish financial liability and recover costs as required for any claims identified as Supplier or Customer liability
- Act as a route of escalation for the Derby Materials Team with particularly difficult issues/non performing suppliers
- To review and challenge all aspects of the warranty material process, by attending regular internal monthly meetings questioning additional material purchase requests, KPI indicators, identifying and implementing continuous improvement
- Engineering background and education
- Strong experience in a supply chain or material management role
- Rail industry experience would be an advantage, alternatively aerospace or armed forces background
- CIPS Qualified (preferred)
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Team coordination
- Problem solving and developing solutions
- Working in and under a highly pressurised environment
- Presentation skills
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!