the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Thorough knowledge of chapter 14 CFR, CARs, and JARs as applicable
- Witness and/or inspect the assembly, installation, and functional tests per applicable engineering and functional test specifications of all components and systems, and compile necessary reports for Transport Canada, FAA, and/or JAA
- Prepare and maintain records, files, and reports, for example, aircraft journey logs, airframe logs, engine logs, auxiliary power plant logs, and required FAA, JAA, and Transport Canada paperwork on all ground test articles and experimental Bombardier and Learjet aircraft
- Complete all regulatory authority required paperwork verifying compliance with aircraft configuration and engineering specifications
- Verify all regulatory authority required criteria are met per assigned aircraft and issue experimental ticket
- Travel frequently as required to support flight testing
- Work overtime as required to support BFTC activities
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
- You must have typically 5 years' experience related to preflight or flight test inspection on aircraft, which must include 3 years' experience related to preflight or flight test inspection on experimental aircraft
- You must have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents
- Ability to use and interpret a variety of precision measurement instruments and related equipment
- You must have thorough knowledge of all aircraft assembly and systems including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, avionics, and instrumentation
- You must have interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and departments
- You must have FAA A&P or Transport Canada AME certification
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.