Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.|
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
- Become a key contributor in designing and developing a scalable, cloud-based commercial application. The Senior Web engineer will be instrumental in creating modules and components and coupling them together to form a functional application. This position will require working with both the designers (who provides the design artifacts) and back-end engineers (who provides the APIs).
- You have an uncanny knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- You have a solid understanding of how web applications work including security and session management.
- You can switch from speaking the language of RESTful APIs one minute to discussing color palettes and icon sizes the next.
- You understand that the purpose of a web page is to guide the user in accomplishing a task in a responsive manner.
- You relish in the fact that the user never saw all of the non-blocking, multi-threaded, and data validating code that it took to create that experience.
- You are quirky and have a personality!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience.
- Experience with creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the web application and its assets.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.