Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.|
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
- Become a key contributor in designing and developing a scalable, cloud-based commercial application. The Senior mobile engineer will own the entire life-cycle of product development – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release, and support.
- You know the ins and outs of Objective-C and Swift and the device frameworks from Apple.
- You are comfortable using the right tools and language for the job, even if it’s new to you.
- You have published at least one application in the Appstore.
- You are obsessed with getting the details right.
- You are comfortable analyzing a crash log (and you’re obsessed with making sure it never happens again).
- You understand that the foundation of any good application is still based on computer science fundamentals – data structures and algorithms. You can fluently speak about design patterns and software architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- 5-7 years of experience in building iOS applications in Objective-C/Swift.
- Experience with iOS frameworks as well as consuming RESTful APIs.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, multi-threaded programming, unit tests, session management, object-relational mapping, object-caching, and agile development methodologies.
- List of published works in Portfolio, GitHub, or other open-source repositories a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a cross-functional team environment.