|Job Ref:||1618631||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:07|
Data is the main output of the laboratory. The technician’s role is to deliver results from laboratory inputs to Quality and internal customers, ensuring accuracy and completeness of testing. This includes but not restricted to:
• Annual testing of products in line with site accreditation (11B)
• Production testing and needs
• New product introduction – Involvement in product development and CTP in line with required accreditations, execution of CTP, Sample testing, communication of results, successful closure.
• Quality and site requests for lab work
• Improvement to lab systems and processes, 5S of area, ownership and pride of workplace
• Mentoring of junior staff in training within the area,
• Deputising of Lab Senior Technicians meetings if required
• Closure of all lab work within the pre-agreed time frame
• Skilled in the use of approved problem solving techniques. (8D)
• Minimum HNC / HND in science related subject
• Experience in general Laboratory / Technical Testing performance and analysis
• Accuracy in computer and data analysis.
• Be able to communicate data and results to stakeholders and donate responsibility for the timely close out of actions.
• Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision and as part of a team.
• Understanding of office software systems - comfortable maintaining and using data and databases
• Prioritising of tasks and effective time organization to maximise your value.
• Experience of quality /process/ product audits.
EMPLOYMENT PREFERRED SKILLS
• Experience of a safety manufacturing products and testing environment.
• Experience or knowledge of ISO17025 laboratory practice and ISO 9001 / ISO 14001,
• Has knowledge of the estimation of uncertainty of measurement
• Ability to form effective working relationships with internal customers and suppliers.
• Understanding of various quality tools and methodologies
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT OF THE POSITION
The company design, develop and manufacture a wide range of Safety products – Negative breathing, PAPR (blown air) and SCBA (tank fed air) masks and systems for military, civil defence, fire fighting and commercial application equipment. The company must remain compliant to the expected Industry and customer standards and requirements in respect of quality, cost and delivery.
The plant is a manufacturing facility. You would be required to adhere to all Health, Safety & Environmental procedures whilst at work. Your role would require you to work within any area of the plant to carry out your duties. You may be required to work as part of a team or on your own. You would be situated in an open plan office or lab with a team of fellow professionals, working within a manufacturing environment.
MAJOR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor and communicate any testing / quality issues to key stakeholders in the business and participate in problem resolution.
• Supporting Design and Development Engineers
• Conduct ‘benchmarking’ product investigations (Product teardown events etc)
• Materials analysis and product performance development
• Participate in continuous improvement projects as needed
• Monitor calibration so that no equipment is operated outside of company controls
• Maintain satisfactory levels of time-keeping and attendance.
• Any other duties as required to support business.
• Report generation and analysis for all applicable testing programmes
• Manage Annual product validation requirements
• Maintain satisfactory levels of housekeeping for all QA functions
Organisational Responsibilities - To work in accordance with Tyco/Scott Skelmersdale business/ contractual objectives and presented in a clear & professional manner at all times.
Functional Responsibilities - To perform testing and record data accurate results that demonstrate the function of the test in a true and accurate light.
Individual Responsibilities – Ensure accurate reporting of pre-determined measurables for plant / customers / supplies within agreed timeframe.