|Job Ref:||1618633||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:07|
To manage and deliver quality requirements to support Assembly Platform and customer specific requirements. Responsibility for tracking and monitoring all identified customer / platform / supplier quality requirements. Closure of customer / platform / supplier concerns within pre-agreed time frame using approved problem solving techniques.
• HNC / HND or equivalent in Quality Management / Engineering subject
• Excellent communication and presentational skills.
• Experienced in liaising with customers and suppliers.
• Experience of problem solving activities.
• Experience in a role where it was important to effectively manage relationships with multiple parties
• Understanding of various quality tools and methodologies i.e. JIT, APQP, PPAP, 8D, SPC, Pareto charts and statistical data
• Understanding of office software systems - comfortable maintaining and using data/databases
• Planning and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Analytical & Problem Solving skills
Context and Environment of job
The company design, develop and assemble a wide and diverse range of Health & Safety products pre-dominantly but not restricted to Europe, Middle East and Asia. As a consequence the company must remain in compliance with the latest and expected Industry and customer standards and requirements in respect of quality, cost and delivery.
The company ensures that a customer and product focus is maintained by dividing the organisation into specific Customer Product Groups.
The overall objective is to be the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the centre of expertise for the Design, Development and Industrialisation of Health and Safety Products. Scott Safety Products strive to ensure fairness to all its employees.
The plant is a manufacturing facility. You would be required to adhere to all Health, Safety & Environmental procedures whilst at work. Your role would require you to work within any area of the plant to carry out your duties. You may be required to work as part of a team or on your own. You would be situated in an open plan office, with a team of fellow professionals, working within a manufacturing environment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
• Monitor Production / Supplier quality against company and customer standards/requirements and address any quality issues as needed.
• Monitor and communicate any quality issues to key stakeholders in the business and participate in problem resolution.
• Analyse customer returns and conduct Problem Solving review, coordinate the implementation of preventative/corrective actions where necessary
• Conduct quality / environmental audits as necessary.
• Co-ordinate containment activities as applicable (Customer / Plant / Supplier)
• Maintain plant quality (KPI’s) data base and provide reporting as necessary
• Participate in continuous improvement projects as needed
• New part introduction process as part of program launch team
• Supporting pilot / alpha production builds
• Maintain satisfactory levels of time-keeping and attendance.
• Maintain satisfactory levels of housekeeping for all quality functions
• Any other duties as required to support business.
Organisational Responsibilities - To work in accordance with Tyco Skelmersdale business/contractual objectives and presented in a clear & professional manner at all times.
Functional Responsibilities - To manage identified personnel within the Quality team focusing on mentoring, developing and coaching others to develop the cross-functional strength of the team.
Individual Responsibilities – Ensure accurate reporting of pre-determined measurables for plant / customers / suppliers within agreed timeframe.