|Job Ref:||1618656||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Environmental||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Monroe||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:07|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
This position is responsible to coordinating continuous improvement initiatives by building and maintaining the environmental health & safety infrastructure, developing and delivering best practices, and optimizing the site’s Culture Change Grass Roots Committee.
This role is responsible for leading and optimizing the safety operations of the Scott Safety, Monroe, NC facility. This positions must have an overview & knowledge of applicable environmental health and safety regulations and success in managing systems & processes including, but not limited to:
• Supervises various groups and assures interaction of supervisors
• Trains, develops, assigns work to, and evaluates subordinates
• Analyzes, interprets, evaluates, develops plans and makes recommendations relative to programs and policies under jurisdiction of the activity
• Acts as final authority on matters of policy interpretation
• Directs the preparation of complex projects
• Nearly constant contact with others outside the work group
• Makes presentations to all levels of management
• Assists in the development of departmental goals and objectives.
• Advises on administrative procedures and resolves technical problems
• Reviews incoming work and approves delivery dates
• Determines priorities for work schedules
• Coordinates activities with related departments
• Interprets divisional and departmental policy
• Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
• Maintains safety and good housekeeping standards
• Regular contact with others outside the work group.
• Maintains the NC STAR Certification
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System that conforms to the ISO-14000, OHSAS 18001 standards
• Bachelor degree or equivalent training in Environment, Health and Safety
• Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output.
• High analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills
• In-depth understanding of the Environmental, Health and Safety area, policies, laws, procedures, etc.
• Environmental engineering experience in a manufacturing plant preferred