Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Fire Alarm Assistant Inspector – SimplexGrinnell
About the role
Rewards and benefits
- The primary function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting and preventive maintenance services performed on SimplexGrinnell and other manufacturer’s equipment.
- Candidate must possess excellent written/verbal communication and outstanding customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude are a must. NICET Level II certification must be obtained within 2 years of employment.
- Must be able to obtain and retain the states Security license.
- Assist performing fire protection inspections and preventive maintenance services on Fire Alarm systems and Automatic Sprinkler Systems.
- Maintain professional, timely, communication with customers to assure problem resolution.
- Organize and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
- Monitor and assure the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of fire alarm equipment is desired and factory training is a plus.
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good computer skills; must be familiar with, Win 98, Win2000, or Win XP, and some DOS
- At least 18 years of age
- 6 mos. previous related experience in a technical field
- Valid drivers license required
- May be required to lift and/or carry equipment and tools, which may weigh over forty (40) pounds. Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upward to forty (40) feet.