Johnson Controls is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician at our Lithia Springs, GA location. Performs maintenance service or repairs in two or more skill areas. The candidate would service machines, modifications, and/or installations of the manufacturing equipment. Performs all work in accordance with Johnson Controls established safety and Zero Harm environment. This is a 2nd Shift position.
- Candidates for this position must have experience troubleshooting, maintaining and performing preventive maintenance on conveyor system, stretch wrappers, label machines, lift equipment, battery operated lift equipment, and building maintenance.
- Responds appropriately, to requests from managers and prioritizes jobs to complete in the safety, quickest and most efficient manner.
- Maintains conveyor system, performs repair and maintenance and troubleshoot as needed.
- Maintains repair of mechanical tools, precision measuring tools, pneumatic tools, and shop equipment.
- Ensure timely repairs to minimize costly downtime and to maintain production schedules.
- Maintains lift equipment and performs repairs and ongoing maintenance.
- Maintains building and performs repairs on plumbing, electrical wiring, alarm system, fire sprinkler system, as well as painting and building maintenance.
- The role may require long hours standing and bending.
- Time schedule must be flexible and be able to work some weekends.
- It will require at times heavy lifting of up to 50lbs required in some duties.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have 2 - 3 years of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to read and analyze machine drawings, machine manuals, troubleshoots electrical instrumentation and PLC system.
- Have proficiency in repairs & maintenance of precision drive mechanisms, gearboxes, variable speed drives, motor controls, and position sensors, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Goal oriented and attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Effective oral and writing communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Be able to work independently with vendors and contractors for quotes.