|Job Ref:||1618630||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:09|
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS|
To manage and deliver laboratory inputs to quality and site requirements. This includes but not restricted to:
• Annual testing of products in line with site accreditation (11B)
• Production testing and needs
• New product introduction – Involvement in product development and CTP in line with required accreditations, execution of CTP, Sample testing, communication of results, successful closure.
• Quality and site requests for lab work
• Improvement to lab systems and processes, 5S of area, ownership and pride of workplace
• Mentoring of technicians in training,
• Deputising of Lab Managers meetings when required
• Closure of all lab work within the pre-agreed time frame
• Skilled in use and training of approved problem solving techniques. (8D)
• HND / Degree in science related subject
• Experience in Laboratory / Technical Testing and material performance and analysis
• Accuracy in computer and data analysis and in presentation to all levels of the business.
• Be able to communicate data and results to stakeholders and donate responsibility for the timely close out of actions.
• Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision.
• Understanding of office software systems - comfortable maintaining and using data and databases
• Prioritising of tasks and effective time organization to maximise your value.
• Experience of quality /process/ product audits.
EMPLOYMENT PREFERRED SKILLS
• Experience of a safety manufacturing products and testing environment.
• Experience or knowledge of ISO17025 laboratory practice and ISO 9001 / ISO 14001,
• Can calculate and train others in the estimation of uncertainty of measurement
• Ability to form effective working relationships with internal / external customers and suppliers.
• Understanding of various quality tools and methodologies
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT OF THE POSITION
The company design, develop and manufacture a wide range of Safety products – Negative breathing, PAPR (blown air) and SCBA (tank fed air) masks and systems for military, civil defence, fire fighting and commercial application. equipment. The company must remain compliant to the expected Industry and customer standards and requirements in respect of quality, cost and delivery.
The plant is a manufacturing facility. You would be required to adhere to all Health, Safety & Environmental procedures whilst at work. Your role would require you to work within any area of the plant to carry out your duties. You may be required to work as part of a team or on your own. You would be situated in an open plan office or lab with a team of fellow professionals, working within a manufacturing environment.
Organisational Responsibilities - To work in accordance with Johnson Controls/Scott Safety business/ contractual objectives and presented in a clear & professional manner at all times.
Functional Responsibilities - To manage identified personnel within the Quality team focusing on mentoring, developing and coaching others to develop the cross-functional strength of the team.
Individual Responsibilities – Ensure accurate reporting of pre-determined measurables for plant / customers / supplies within agreed timeframe.