Job Title: Sales Manager – Regional Accounts |
Solution: All Fire & Security
Reporting to: Area General Manager – Regional Accounts
The role of the Sales Manager is focused on implementing the channel sales strategy across a multi solution sales team to drive installation and service growth (AMR) revenues within the JCI Regional Accounts Channel.
The Sales Manager must hold sales and sales management experience, and have in-depth knowledge of the complexities of relationship selling.
The Sales Manager primary role is coaching the sales team through planning, business development, account and pipeline management activities through informal and formal interactions to achieve channel objectives.
Through proactive planning and coaching the role is to develop and improve seller skills and rhythm across existing accounts and relationships together with identification of new business opportunities for development, for all enterprise solutions that Tyco can offer within the market.
All performance, activity, planning and sales processes are managed by the Sales Manager through NA, CRM application.
Through focused sales activities of the sales team, executed with a consistent rhythm, the key objectives for the Sales Manager are pipeline growth and conversion improvement, to drive bookings growth against a defined sales target.
- NA – adoption as the primary CRM application to drive sales performance, planning, management of leads, accounts, opportunities and manage all sales activity. All key objectives and results are measured through NA.
- Performance - Using NA, Sales Manager prepares for a monthly Personal Success Plan with Area General Manager. Reviewing prior month sales performance and objectives, current sales pipeline and agreeing key objectives for current month.
- Managing Seller Performance - Using NA, Seller prepares for a monthly Personal Success Plan with Sales Manager. Reviewing prior month sales performance and objectives, current sales pipeline and agreeing key objectives for current month with the seller.
- Lead Management – coaching with sellers, as required, identifying & qualifying leads. Collaborate across business channels and other enterprise solutions where lead can be supported, as required.
- Account/Territory Planning – coaching with sellers, as required, to identify accounts to target for growth opportunities against enterprise solutions.
- Opportunity Planning – coaching with sellers, as required, identifying opportunity to bid, fully qualify with the customer & engage in a pre-bid review. Form a bid team to identify critical must wins/complex/large opportunities, define roles of team, technical strategy, value proposition and next actions.
- Opportunity Management – coaching with sellers to manage sales pipeline proactively through each sales stage, recording all relevant information, accurate close dates and next actions driven through planning of tasks/events.
- Field Coaching – plan and accompany sellers on customer visits to develop seller sales skills, execution of agreed plans and give feedback through coaching observations.
- Recruitment – plan and identify sales vacancies within team. Work with internal recruitment team to identify, recruit and on-board candidates within agreed timescales.
- Training & Learning – hold responsibility for the team and individuals training/learning requirements through a training matrix, coordinate training across the team based on identification and needs.
- HR – manage team with regard to all HR issues and requirements, ensuring all company processes and policies are adhered to. Manage seller underperformance in line with agreed capability process against define timescales.
- Risk Management – ensure that all internal sales processes are adhered to including bid authority, legal requirements, compliance and governance requirements through sales and relationship management activities. Ensure compliance with Tyco’s Environmental, Health & Safety Policy - Zero Harm.
- Additional responsibilities and requirements may be required dependant on business needs.
- New AMR and installation sales v target and v prior year
- Seller v target
- Conversion % (Quoted v Won)
- Quote Output
- Activity - visits
- Market share growth (new Customer acquisitions)
- Wallet share growth (cross selling into existing Customers)
- <5% open opportunity pipeline past close month
- Productivity (total cost v created value in gross margin)