|Job Ref:||1618514||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Ohio||City:||Strongsville||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 22:08|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.|
Field Project Manager- SimplexGrinnell
1) Up to 40 weeks of remote, on-site living a year supervising installation, testing, and commissioning
2) Potential of red list and orange list country travel (Afghanistan, Djibouti, Algeria, Colombia)
3) Required to work all hours on site that subcontractors are present, i.e. typically 10 to 16 hours a day, six or more days a week
4) Construction supervision – need training on equipment, lifts, procedures
5) Labor and material tracking – job design/job cost, time tracking, WIP tool
6) Safety coordination on site – OSHA 10 hour minimum
7) System commissioning and testing of all systems: foam, clean agent, CO2, wet, dry, deluge, fire pumps, Vesda, and detection systems – need training certificates from suppliers (i.e., Ansul, Peerless, Detronics, etc.)
8) Liaison with local authorities, authorities having jurisdiction – understand code compliance
9) Liaison with designers to insure installation is going correctly – NICET testing preferred
10) Organizing material at site; receive material and coordinate packing lists with office
11) Meetings with customer, negotiation skills to quote and obtain change orders
#externalRewards and benefits:
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for:
• Demonstrate supervisory/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, district administration and effective interaction with customers.
• NICET Certification preferred but not mandatory.
1. Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
2. Must be able to pass all company required background checks
3. Minimum 5 years industry related experience