To manage the preparation of the project proposal documentation for new large, complex low security, life safety, fire alarm systems and building efficiency projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage the daily activities of the COE proposal group. This includes all phases of the proposal process.Participate on the proposal request review team to determine if the proposal group should be engaged with the specific proposal request.Manage the maintenance of the proposal database.Manage the distribution of the proposal documentation to the required departments including Legal and Risk Management and control all required project bid forms. Work closely with these departments to make sure all terms and conditions are addressed and / or approved.Manage the preparation of all bonding requirements for the proposed project, such as Bid, Performance and Payment Bonds.Manage the preparation of all insurance forms as per the project specifications and or design criteria of the project.Manage the preparation and completion all Minority Business Forms required as per the proposal and or project specifications in regards to WMBE, MBE, etc.Manage the preparation and completion of all required EEO Certifications as per the proposal and or project specifications.Manage the preparation and completion of any and all special forms required by the solicitation package.Participate on the proposal review team to determine final approval of the proposals or determine required changes. #external
Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in Business or Electronics or the equivalent experience
- 7- 10 years multi-million dollar proposal preparation and management of proposal group that generated multi-million dollar proposal in response to RFPs / RFQs / RFIs from customers.
- 10 years of field experience, with 7 years of experience with system design and conceptual system drawing creation.
- Overall knowledge of project proposals, specification.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills both oral and written required to work with all areas of the company and to direct and manage a diverse group of individuals.
- Decision making ability utilizing prescribed criteria.
Proficient with Personal Computers and including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Professional, Microsoft Project, Outlook, Visio, Adobe Acrobat and the Internet.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.