The role of the Senior Account Manager is to manage and build customer relationships, identify HDS opportunities, work closely with all HDS pathways (Direct, Indirect and via Influencers), and achieve revenue and margin objectives.
- HDS activity in the allocated territory working appropriate HDS sales Pathways, in close conjunction and with the agreement of the Sales Director.
- Prospecting and the development of new accounts and/or new opportunities within existing accounts.
- A strategy to maximise coverage of the overall Territory through effective use of all HDS Pathways.
- The service and development of named assigned sales accounts and the development of good Personal and business-based relationships within those accounts.
- The balance between short-term gain and long-term growth for all opportunities and initiatives to achieve/exceed preset sales targets (revenue, margin and services as defined in the compensation plan) and increase market share.
- All proposals, risk analysis and cost/benefit analysis for opportunities within allocated territory.
- General liaison between HDS, partners and the customer for the escalation process of delivery and pricing issues.
Planning & Strategy
- Document and execute territory, account and opportunity plans in the required HDS format demonstrating a strong understanding of the customer's business issues, and relating them to business initiatives, corresponding IT initiatives and HDS solutions which address those needs.
- Develops a contact network within the account(s) and channel partners to enable HDS business to be sold effectively.
- Develops and supports channel initiatives and corporate programs in allocated territory.
- Work closely with, and establish engagement between, HDS functional areas such as Marketing, Sales Engineers, Solution Business Managers, Legal, Finance and other Lines of Business as necessary, to develop and execute a solution strategy to meet customer business needs.
- Develop successful sales campaigns that maximise HDS advantages and win rate.
Monitoring and Reporting
- The market and industry to identify new business opportunities in key segments or customer base.
- Equip yourself as a "trusted advisor" and cultivate executive level relationships by monitoring the following:
- HDS' Industry, marketplace, competitive position and the associated HDS value propositions that exist in the present environment.
- The customer's industry, competitive position and related business issues that can be addressed by the differentiated capabilities that HDS offer.
- Proactively communicate and provide regular updates regarding transactional business, changes, and current and future business opportunities within the assigned account to the Sales Director and Commercial and Operations Director.
- Ensure that any major changes or events that impact the opportunities within assigned account(s) are regularly reviewed and the appropriate changes or updates are made to the territory, Account and opportunity plans.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly forecasts with a monthly, quarterly and 6 monthly pipeline perspective. Ensure that gaps between current position and goal are proactively and regularly assessed and strategies and tactics are developed to address gaps.
- Ensure all business and technical risks are effectively managed to ensure customer satisfaction is never compromised.
- Setup success criteria that is relevant to the customer's goals and implementation and monitor the success of all implementations. Measure and provide relevant information for customer reference stories.
- Provide leadership and direction to all resources in the extended team to improve efficiencies in both the pre-sale and post-sale activities within the assigned account(s).
- Work closely with and understand the capabilities of HDS Pathways to build the business case and coverage strategy for HDS solutions into your assigned territory.
- Support channel initiatives and corporate programs in allocated territory.
- Where appropriate maintain contact with HDS Pathways throughout the delivery cycle and ensure that any developing issues are addressed.
- Update and maintain all account information and activity in the CRM. In addition, ensure that changes made to account and opportunity plans are reflected in the versions that are stored within the CRM environment.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a sales capacity.
- At least 3-5 years selling experience to organisations that utilise IT Infrastructure as a major component of their business model.
- At least 3-5 years selling experience within industries that deal with Information Technology, Software, Hardware, Solutions and associated Services.
- Previous experience in sales in a government vertical desired.
- Strong knowledge and contacts within the State and Federal Government sector.
- Experience in the management of business relationships with customers in a customer-facing role.
- An understanding of the nuances of Pathways to market as well as Direct Sales.
- A relevant Degree OR equivalent work experience.
- Proven track records in selling within a complex selling environment with quotas exceeding $5M and an average sales cycle of at least 6 months.
- Minimum Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly and dynamically communicate value propositions.
- Proactive and accountable.
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to challenges.
- Ability to question and listen effectively.
- Adept at performing under pressure.
- Well organised and able to prioritise effectively within complex environments.
- Team player with proven ability to partner and influence successfully within teams, with customer and across business functions.
- Acts with integrity.