|Job Ref:||25094053001||Employer:||AMEY||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:05|
What is the purpose of this role?
To lead individual Consulting bid(s) acting as the focal point for all quality and financial deliverables. Develop the bid strategy and manage the communication protocol with all internal and external stakeholders. Contribute to development of bidding competencies in operational staff and act as coach/mentor for Bid Managers who are managing business-led bids.
What makes this role unique?
You will be part of a new central team recently set up in Consulting & Rail to drive bidding best practice and professionalism across the business. C&R is a major growth engine for Amey.
Our bidding community extends beyond the central team â€" you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge of best practice bidding to coach and mentor that wider bidding community in how to deliver winning bids.
You will be surrounded by like-minded professionals and have the opportunity to develop your career in bidding in a structured environment, with talent management and succession planning built in.
You will have the chance to work on a wide variety of bids across a range of disciplines.
What are the main responsibilities for this role?
• Lead the bid process for individual bids
• Develop the bid strategy with individual Business or Account Directors
• Manage the bid programme ensuring that all activities are progressed on time to meet the submission date
• Lead and manage the development of high quality written and costed bid deliverables in line with the agreed bid strategy
• Facilitate the development of the operational solution to ensure and maintain continual improvement and competitive advantage
• Set up and manage communication and document protocols for each bid
• Maintain client liaison ensuring effective dialogue and prompt response to clarifications
• Prepare papers for internal approval in line with Amey governance
• Prepare and manage the bid budget
• Drive the risk and opportunities process
• Keep bidding tools such as the pipeline database up-to-date and contribute to bid reports as required.
• Contribute to development of bidding competencies in operational staff and act as coach/mentor for Bid Managers leading business-led bids
• Participate in document reviews and assist in the consolidation of feedback
• Provide cover for other Bid Managers
Provide input and facilitation support for bid workshops.
What are the must have skills / behaviors?
Flexible, agile, accountable, hands-on, committed to good things, adaptable, wins respect and has a sense of fun.