Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Interserve are recruiting for a Design Manager based on a new build in the Monmouthshire region of South Wales.
The role will include the management of the design of a large Secondary School in Monmouth through the Construction to handover.
- To utilise construction knowledge and experience to develop innovative and cost effective design solutions in conjunction with the design team, apply value engineering principles to ensure best value for all parties, and ensure an effective construction phase by applying an understanding of site management practices, risks, costs and co-ordination.
- To liaise between ICL Team, Design Team, Client Team and Users.
- To manage the deployment of the BIM Execution Plan.
- Managing development of the Model in accordance with BIM Execution Plan;
- Management of 4 Projects Collaboration to Site;
- Manage delivery of a BREEAM Excellent Rating;
- Manage Planning Amendment and the discharge of Planning Conditions;
- Manage Building Regulation plans approval;
- Manage the production of the O&M Manuals and the H&S File;
- Adopt a proactive approach to value engineering throughout the design phase, by keeping up to date with latest construction techniques and legislation;
- Review the design on an ongoing basis, identify potential cost or interface problems & practicalities in construction, and resolve with the commercial, design team and specialist subcontractors where appropriate;
- Prepare information packages for inclusion in the sub contract tender enquiries;
- Attend Contractor selection interviews;
- Appraise tender documentation when received to identify risk, opportunity, insufficient information, inadequate or incorrect design;
- Assist with the appointment of Design Team members;
- Hold regular design team meetings;
- Temporary Works Co-Ordination;
- D evelop relationships with client; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications;
- Manage the relationship for the whole project team - with the client, subcontractors and professional team resolve any queries;
- Managing Design Team to deliver a compliant and buildable design that can be delivered safely within budget and to programme.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Ability to communicate with a range of people at all levels, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to plan, organise and project manage;
- Analytical problem solver;
- Client and customer focused in order to build productive relationships;
- Ability to make reasoned and informed judgements and decisions;
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment;
- Effective leadership skills;
- Experience in site based Design Management role;
- School design experience;
- Management of 4 Projects;
- Achieving BREEAM Excellent;
- Managing BIM Execution Plans;
- Preparing Planning Amendments and discharging conditions;
- Temporary Works coordination (desirable);
- Compiling O&M's (desirable);
- Achieving Building Regulation Plans Approval;
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Experience of Powerproject Teamplan (desirable);
- Competent user of Navisworks Manage, BIM Risk Registers;
- 4 Projects;
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations;
- Knowledge of Welsh Building Regulation (desirable).
- First Aid (Desirable)
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Design Manager to work from our site in Monmouth. This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.