|Job Ref:||00016100||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. |
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Marketing Accounting Supervisor based in Houston, TX.
The following are job duties expected of the Marketing Accounting Supervisor:
• Supervising a 6-8 person team specializing in cross commodity (crude, gas, ngls, and power) analysis;
• Will share responsibility with volumes supervisor in closing the ledgers for approximately 10 reporting entities;
• Explaining monthly PnL drivers and variances for each commodity;
• Deriving monthly estimates and outlooks as well as annual budgets (understanding inputs, relationships, and running different scenarios);
• Contract reviews for significant term purchase & sales, transportation, and storage;
• Statutory audit for Singapore crude oil affiliate and related tax filings. *LI-YN1
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance with at least 21 hours of accounting;
• 4-5 years of public accounting experience or 6 plus years of oil & gas or marketing experience including supervisory responsibilities;
• Strong analytical skills and ability to explain variances using business/operational drivers;
• Very proficient with Excel, i.e. mining/manipulating data and experience with modeling and/or creating macros;
• Demonstrated ability to streamline and improve processes.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status