|Job Ref:||28630BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:02|
Functions in a lead engineering technician capacity. Under general direction, modify or create deliverables and may perform assignments of a design nature by applying basic engineering principles and established design practices to develop moderately complex design concepts. May provide technical guidance and direction to other technical professionals including delegation of work assignments. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Fiber Graphics Team Lead/Supervisor for a team of 6-12 Engineering Graphics Technicians for a Fiber project in our Overland Park, KS office.
Engineering Standards: Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and B&V policies and procedures. May review project requirements and accurately determine the correct format and contents of the required deliverables.
Quality / Continuous Improvement: Proactively applies B&V Quality Program to deliverables. Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts. Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency. Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
Engineering Production: May apply basic engineering principles and established design practices in developing moderately complex design concepts and deliverables. Begins to apply judgment and make decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation. Capable of handling difficult technical assignments within an area of expertise and can provide technical guidance to other professionals. Performs design calculations, detailed material quantities and estimates, and records. May review the deliverables of others. May define work assignments and maintain schedules. May program control systems or participate in other plant start-up activities associated with a specialized area of expertise.
Project Coordination: Coordinate deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors. May support field activities. May be responsible for support of project finalization including, for example, consolidation of records for as-built drawings or information to take off as-built quantities.
Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients while utilizing an understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes. May apply judgment and make decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
People Management - (supervision - career development - developing professionals, mentoring): May assist with performance management process, mentoring, and recognition. Provide guidance to lesser experienced Engineering technicians. May provide mentoring, instruction, delegation of work and feedback.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Diploma or Certificate preferred.
• Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
• Typically a minimum of 5 years related work experience; managers are looking for someone with 10+ years drafting/design work experience.
• Must have 2-3 years of that supervising/leading a drafting/graphics team and at least 6+ months Fiber/Wireline (prefer 2+ years).
• OPTI / ARAMIS experience is a plus.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Learning on the Fly
• Problem Solving
• Time Management
• Drive for Results
• Self Development
• Customer Focus
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Experience in the appropriate electronic applications and programs required for performing assignments to include but not limited to CADD or other electronic applications.
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures.
• Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends
• Intermediate knowledge of company quality program
• Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
• Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
• Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline
• Basic knowledge of procurement & contract administration
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females