|Job Ref:||CA_35758||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crewe||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 01:09|
Purpose of Role
We are seeking two Signalling Project Engineers in the delivery of our Level Crossing Framework.
To manage and bring together the technical and engineering delivery of projects undertaken by Carillion Rail Signalling providing guidance and support on all engineering issues within the delivery of specific signal projects assigned to the individual.
Support the Project Manager through Engineering delivery and coordination of Signalling projects.
• Act as project engineer on allocated schemes of work taking responsibility for the engineering and technical delivery. Input into the development and take ownership of the Project (contract) delivery programme for the engineering activities, and ensure the projects are delivered in accordance with the technical requirements of the contract and project programme.
• Act as technical contact and liaison with the Project Manager, clients and sub-contractors in order to resolve outstanding technical issues, and undertake responsibility for production of progress reports and attendance at progress meetings as required to support the Project Manager.
• Ensure all works are planned and executed safely and enforcing the “If its not safe don’t do it” culture, and undertake regular safety tours and site management activities for projects allocated.
• Ensure all works are planned, controlled and executed to the contract budget, and all scope changes are identified with the commercial impacts, and maintain auditable records for all design changes, construction changes and change requests.
• Preparation of Work Package Plans, risk assessments and other Safety and quality documentation necessary to undertake and Engineer the works safely.
• Coordinate all relevant engineering interfaces, albeit internal or sub-contractors necessary to deliver the project successfully, including resources, design, safety and technical deliverables.
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands