|Job Ref:||CA_33269||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||04/10/2016 01:09|
Purpose of Role
To provide engineering and management support to the Testing Group Manager, to ensure that all projects undertaken are delivered to the necessary contractual, timescales in line with the clients requirements
To be compliant with Health and Safety at Work Act, occupational and system safety requirements relative to signalling systems
• To plan and manage testing activities on projects allocated by the Testing Group Manager, ensuring that each project is undertaken to all customer requirements
• Produce and check all documentation required by the client for allocated projects (these may include Testing Strategies, Test Plans and Method Statements). Documents to take into account specific staff requirements, possessions, work programme, risk assessment and safe methods of working to meet customer requirements
• Plan and implement the testing / commissioning activities for the allocated projects, ensuring that testing is carried out to the requirements of SWT. Ensure testing documentation is completed to the laid down standards and in the required timescales
• Organise subordinate staff to undertake duties consistent with their ability and competence. Instruct and supervise subordinate staff as required to complete testing activities in accordance with Testing Plans and / or Method Statements
• Instigate safe methods of working for all activities undertaken by post holder or subordinate staff.
• Undertake site Safety Inspections, produce relevant reports and instigate remedial action to correct any problems identified as required by the Carillion Rail Health and Safety Policy.
To perform the role of Signalling Testing consultant, the job holder must have successfully completed mentorship periods in the testing requirements for SWT modules 1, 2, 3B and 4 (tracks, points and signals).
They will have been accepted by Network Rail / other Railway Infrastructure Controller as a Tester in Charge for major schemes.
The job holder should have the ability to manage people and to work well within a multi-disciplinary project team.
They should have extensive experience of UK main line signalling practices and equipment.
OTC, ONC, B Tech or Advanced City and Guilds
Certificates or Licences to be held :
PTS (AC and DC Electrified lines)
COSS / IWA
Emergency First Aid
• 1(major) and/or 2,
If module 2 competency held, to lead Principles Testing within the Group and assist to develop appropriate staff to that level.
IRSE Licence 1.3.170 Functional Tester, 1.3.180 Principles Tester and/or 1.3.190 Tester in Charge (or previous equivalent categories)
Additional Role Information
• Reward car/car allowance & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
• Carillion Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands