|Job Ref:||201384565||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum +Good OT, Call Outs, Vehicle, Etc||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:38|
Gas Engineer / Heating Engineer (Domestic & Commercial)|
A new Gas Engineer / Heating Engineer is needed for our independent Building Services / FM client based in Essex. As the company is growing they need a Gas Engineer, who is also flexible and willing to carry out some building maintenance works to help the business develop.
Candidates must hold a valid set of commercial & domestic gas tickets and have over 5 years experience of working on small & large scale boiler systems.
The working area is going to include Central, Greater London and M25, with client that range from schools, office buildings, high-end residence buildings any many others!
Commercial Gas Engineer need to be confident working alone and also have a flexible attitude, as in addition to the heating / gas works, they will be called upon & expected to cover general building services works (approx 30-35% of the workload).
Expected duties -
- Undertake ant PPM, service & repair to wide range of commercial gas & domestic gas equipment (old & new gas boilers, ambi-rads, water heaters, etc)
- When necessary to carry out new installations, boiler replacements or upgrades of existing heating systems. This could range from running new pipework, along with new plumbing, radiators, etc
- Maintain PPM Paperwork
- Building services works such as maintaining FCU & AHU's, basic plumbing, emergency light testing, changing lamps, basic fabric tasks, etc
- Be the first response to "too hot" or too cold" calls and where possible resolve or make safe, until the office can arrange a specialist to attend.
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time and to exceed the customers expectations.
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
Qualification / Requirements For
- Ideally Gas Safe Registered
- Certificates - CCN1, MET1, CEN1, CKR1, HTR1, COCN1,CDGA1, CIGA1, CODNCO1, CORT1, TPCP1 & TCP1A & UVHW
Any certificates such as Gas Booster OR COMCAT are an added advantage
- City & Guilds or NVQ in Plumbing & / or Heating
- Experience of working in domestic & commercial properties
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- Clear communicator both oral and written
- A customer focused approach.
- Overall need a candidate will to get stuck in and be flexible for the long term benefit of the business.
Commercial Gas Engineer basic details -
Salary = £35-40K depending on level of experience & qualifications
Working Hours - 40 hours (Monday to Friday)
Call Our Rota - 1 in 8 (£100 payment for the week on call)
Company Van provided (which can be used for person use)