|Job Ref:||1600033Z||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:05|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
• Leads one or more elements of the recruitment process including recruiting, screening, and interviewing applicants to fill job vacancies. Communicates with applicants and candidates regarding consideration for employment, the specifics of the role, and job offers.
• Leads the recruitment process of recruitment teams, individual recruiters, and external recruiting sources in the recruitment, screening, and interviewing of internal and external applicants.
• Creates a recruitment sourcing strategy and develops multiple channels to build candidate pipelines for targeted positions.
• Ensures applicant's background and qualifications are in alignment with job requirements and by facilitating the appropriate pre-employment testing and paperwork processes.
• Communicates with candidates regarding their application status; informs candidate of job details and Cummins employment value proposition.
• Supervises the arrangement of interviews and travel logistics for selected applicants; partners with line human resources to ensure interview and selection processes progress smoothly.
• Communicates with external recruiting sources to provide information regarding career opportunities.
• May travel to recruiting events.
• Leads elements of the implementation of the organization's recruiting processes and ensures processes are in alignment with applicable government legislation and internal policies.
• Coaches, collaborates and supports hiring managers and other key stakeholders in the recruiting process.
• Leads cross functional projects and recruiting teams to meet Cummins talent acquisition needs.
• Measures and monitors key performance indicators of recruitment processes.
Conducts regular reviews of key performance indicators with leadership, recruitment teams, and other stakeholders to facilitate continuous improvement efforts.
• Works in partnership with employment branding team to build brand presence and provide input on the development of branding strategies.
Utilize and maintain applicant tracking system including periodic reporting to stakeholders.
• External Recruitment - Works through the entire recruitment process with a team. Understands and applies knowledge of legal regulations affecting recruitment.
• Staffing - Has a solid understanding of existing selection tools and effectively demonstrates the use of these tools in the staffing process.
• Employment Law - Has a good understanding of employment laws that frequently impact the workplace. Has experience making appropriate decisions and consultation with an expert in the field.
• Diversity Management - Has a thorough understanding of the spectrum of diversity as it is practiced in the organization. Has experience in implementing and administering policies related to diversity.
• Employee Relocation Benefits - Familiar with the relocation benefits process. Understands who is eligible, and has experience answering questions from employees.
• Analytical Reasoning - Has a basic understanding of research methodologies and statistics. Can understand basic graphs and charts of information.
• Compensation Administration - Possesses a basic knowledge of pay systems, merit pay structure, and variable pay compensation structures.
• Immigration Law - Possesses basic knowledge of the immigration documentation process and requirements for employment of foreign nationals and the legal right to work.
• Project Management - Has a good understanding of and effectively applies project management techniques in low to moderately complex projects.
• Communication - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required.
• Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
• Actively recruits and screens potential applicants aligned to Cummins target demographics initiatives across a board range of positions
• Identify applicants with unique or valuable skills/experience and works to recruit them for current or future positions for CMI
• Works closely with Recruiters to understand position requirements, and sourcing plans to effectively recruit potential applicants
• Manages and administers Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) tool for the region including training other team members
• Utilizes CRM to track and engage passive candidates via highly targeted and personalized approaches
• Manage relationships with existing vendors/organizations but also cultivate relationships with new vendors/organizations for future talent
• Engages with affinity groups to help with support at diversity events/activities
• Develop, measure, and report out on performance by sourcing channels (metrics should be able to be tracked via applicants, present, interview, offer, hires)
• Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on market research, referral generation, events, alumni networks and sourcing campaigns
• Proactively looks for new recruitment opportunities to support diversity initiatives
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .