|Job Ref:||204685268||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Negotiable (DOE)||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:55|
Job Title - Cost Manager|
Sector - Retail
Position - Permanent
Location - Manchester
Package - Circa £40K + Benefits (Negotiable DOE)
Our client is a global consultancy and construction company who work a range of market sectors and are experts in project management, quantity surveying, cost consultancy, construction delivery and facilities management. We are looking for candidates who are experienced or has a background in Retail or Commercial related Sectors.
Due to the ongoing investment through successful growth, we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to take responsibility for end to end service delivery on large and complex projects and to act as the key day to day client interface.
The successful candidate will have gained experience working within a Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager role ideally for another Consultancy/PQS organisation, although not essential and should be competent when it comes to the delivery of small to large sized projects. Knowledge and experience gained within Retail or other Commercial Sectors would be beneficial.
Responsibilities - Cost Manager
* Liaising with all stakeholders to enable the projects progress without delay.
* Assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models.
* Assist in the preparation of activity schedules and presentation of tender documentation.
* Attend interviews and carry-out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
* Interface with Programme Manager, Project Managers and Planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support.
* Ensure projects are managed in accordance with Contract and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
* Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at project level.
* Support the project delivery team and maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
* Review Principle / Main Contractors Subcontracts and identify where clauses are in breach of Partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
Key Requirements - Cost Manager
* Proven track record of delivering high value construction projects ideally in Retail.
* Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline.
* Qualified or working towards, MRICS / MCIOB / MICES.
* Comfortable interfacing with Senior Management and Stakeholders.
* Excellent analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decision and reporting findings to Clients and Stakeholders