|Job Ref:||204682924||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
Job title: Procurement Manager |
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 + Company Benefits (Dependant on experience)
Job Type: Permanent
Multi Sector M&E Contractor with in house Design & Build capabilities, cutting edge 3D Modelling & BIM capabilities, £30m + T/O and steadily growing pipeline. Our client has a particular strength within the High spec Commercial Sector having delivered some of the most exciting and high profile projects in London during the last decade.
* To Manage the Procurement/Buying function for the UK business with the support of a Buyer.
* Ensure the site teams have procured all equipment, materials and subcontractors for their project with the support of the Procurement team.
* To develop a Procurement strategy going forward for the business
* To create clear, concise processes that the business can follow when buying materials etc
* Ensuring the buyer is Procuring Materials, Goods and Services from a variety of Mechanical and Electrical Suppliers.
* To ensure the Buyer is providing general support and administrative assistance in procurement activities.
* Ensuring the Buyer registers and clears all invoices for Purchase Ledger.
* Manage and improve subcontract and supplier procurement process
* Maximise buying power
* Plant hire controls
* Maximise and monitor supplier trading rebates
* Monitor buying gains/losses against estimates
* Improve procurement reporting
* Monitor subcontract and supplier performance
* Identify new subcontractors and suppliers
* Ensure the buyer Inputs all orders onto the IT System.
* Expedite Goods and Materials.
* Inputting of Invoices on to Accounts System.
* Updating of Materials database and Discount Database
* Negotiate Supplier Agreements - better buying
* Promote efficient and professional impression of the Business Externally.
Education, experience and essential:
* Previous experience in a Procurement Manager position within a specialist Subcontractor
* Previous responsibility for a buying division with more than £10m per annum T/O
* Previous trade background advantageous
* In-depth knowledge of Building Services Installations preferable to ensure best buying/value engineering practice
Please call Michael on (Apply online only) or (Apply online only)