|Job Ref:||204683153||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Ferndown||Address:||Post Code:||BH22||Salary:||£30000 - £56000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
Ref 942/1 - Ferndown
Our client based in Ferndown is looking to recruit an Estimator/Surveyor to their well established business.
Our client works on projects ranging from a value of £250k - £5m so therefore you must be comfortable with tendering to that value. You will have excellent attention to detail, organisational skills. You must be confident in your own ability, responsible and able to meet challenging deadlines on a daily basis.
You must be able to evidence working in a similar position as an Estimator/Surveyor
• Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions
• Examine incoming tenders
• Measuring & "Quantity Take-Off" from drawings
• Producing Bills of Quantities
• Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme
• Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
Experience/ Key Skills
• Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
• Experienced in working to standard methods of measurement or/and SMM7
• Experienced in varying types of projects including: groundworks, substructures, paving, roadworks, drainage
• You must have experience of working within a 'contractor' environment
• Sound commercial acumen
• Microsoft office proficient and Estimating software experience useful
A confident communicator with all internal and external stakeholders. You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character. Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
• Starting salary will be subject to knowledge and experience in a similar function
• Company car/car allowance
• Discretionary bonus scheme
As well as the above benefits you will receive 28 days holiday to include public and Bank Holidays as well as Christmas shut down