|Job Ref:||204683388||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kingston Upon Hull||Address:||Post Code:||HU2||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:39|
We are recruiting for a Site Supervisor in Hull.|
Hours: 40 hours per week
Purpose: To provide consistent high quality building services support to assist in the operation of Facilities Management Contract.
* To control and carry out PPM and reactive tasks.
* Carry out mechanical/electrical works associated with the contract.
* Act upon requests and instructions from Contracts Manager and the Client.
* To control the regular works of the on-site team and to report this to the Manager.
* Management and monitoring of on-site PPM's, and administration of Agility system.
* To work on the particular sites involved in this contract.
* Assistance to other sites can be expected.
* Be on a call out rota.
* Be available to work overtime as and when required.
* Ensure compliance to the IMS system.
* In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, to provide the client with regular updates and management information on contract performance.
* Ensure that the day-to-day operations are conducted to the highest standards of safety, taking into account of all legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Be trained, assessed and appointed as the Authorised & Competent Person.
* Management and monitoring of Subcontractors, and administration of the related paperwork.
* Permitting & Supervision of Subcontractors.
* Assist with the production of monthly reports of all reactive and planned works
* To head-up and control any small works projects carried out directly on site
* Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role.
* Knowledge of key operational procedures e.g. Time sheets, Planned Maintenance Systems, Quality and Health & Safety.
* A minimum of three years' substantial operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential.
* Experience of positively dealing with the resolution of customer problems within specific contracts.
* Demonstrated 'hands-on' technical expertise in a number of key operational areas.
* Computer literacy essential.
* Smart, presentable appearance
* Amiable and approachable
* Good communication skills
* Literate and numerate
* Flexible and adaptable
* A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative
* Willingness to learn new skills and embrace procedures
* Attend Monthly M&E Meetings