|Job Ref:||204683514||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
Leading national civil engineering contractors in the North West are currently looking for site engineers to work on a large project within AMP6 Framework.
This project will run over 2 years' and are now looking for Site Engineers to join their team to start on £50m+ scheme
This owner operated Civil Engineering Company has grown dramatically in recent years and has multiple divisions within the civil engineering sector. They currently are working on a number of large projects within the AMP6 Framework, and are looking to secure more work within the Framework.
As a Senior Site or Section Engineer you will have technical, supervisory and organisational responsibilities and be an important part of a wider delivery team which will include our Project Managers, Planners, Commercial Managers, SHEQ team and Subcontractors. You will also work alongside project stakeholders such as the Employer, designers, and the public
• Project planning - ensuring the effective management of the project from#
start to handover.
• Resource management of both labour and materials to maximise skill
and time whilst minimising waste.
• Direct supervision of work activities.
• Monitoring and control of all site activity to ensure quality and standards
• Ensuring health and safety practices are maintained to provide a safe
working environment, including hazard and risk control.
• Preparation of method statements and risk assessments.
• Maintaining all relevant records.
• Managing and developing people.
• Managing subcontractors.
• Setting out using surveying equipment.
• Liaising with client representatives to facilitate work activities.
• All other duties as required by Project Manager/ Site Agent.
• At least 4 years post graduate experience of working on construction
• Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in keeping with project
• Competent in information technology and in particular, relevant
construction related packages.
• Team player.
• Well-developed communication skills.
• Problem solving ability.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Flexible approach to working hours and site locations in keeping with
Minimum HNC Civil Engineering
Onsite experience in civil engineering in the UK