|Job Ref:||204683632||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||County Durham||Address:||Post Code:||DL12||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:39|
Draughtsman / Designer|
Tekla experienced designer required by steel frame construction company to produce structure design from the architect's drawings incorporating the project structural calculations.
Reporting directly to Design Manager you will be responsible for producing steel frame structure design, including hot roll steel, taking information from the architect's drawings incorporating the project structural calculations.
• Liaising with the client/architect and structural engineer to ensure a suitable solution is delivered
• Responsible for ensuring the design is as priced or pricing variations are pre-agreed.
• Following sign off, your will then translate this into production drawings using AutoCAD and 3D modelling software Tekla
• Working with the Design Manager and Site Team to ensure the design is delivered to programme and works practically on site.
• Understanding of the pricing process and implications of any design change with responsibility for ensuring that price deviations are calculated and pre-agreed
• Provision of full CAD/ drawing support in the form of trouble shooting and guidance to both production operatives and on site installation teams with visits to site as required.
• Take an active role in the team working closely with the client, production team, on site teams and consultant engineers
• Generation of production data and information as required to both in house and third party vendors.
• Ensure relationships established with software providers to resolve any technical problems
• Will hold a minimum HNC/equivalent qualification in a relevant design discipline.
• Demonstrate a high level of competency in the use of AutoCAD, Tekla, 3D modelling, other drawing software packages and Microsoft Office
• Demonstrate independent thinking and problem solving skills in addition to working collectively with the team. Demonstrate a positive/pro-active working attitude
• Must have experience of producing general arrangement drawings
• This is a great opportunity for someone to be part of an exciting future with plenty of opportunities for progression and the opportunity to work with autonomy.
• Salary £30K + Bens
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please click 'apply' or contact Ben Brass on (Apply online only) for a Confidential Discussion