|Job Ref:||204684085||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£45 - £50/annum package||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LEADING TIER ONE CONTRACTOR - UP TO £50K + BENEFITS|
Our client is a leading global construction contractor and FTSE 250 company with in excess of 20,000 employees. With a network of 70 offices nation-wide across the UK, they operate across Civils, Construction, Housing and Maintenance and have a great reputation through their years of business.
Within the construction division, their projects may include frameworks, health, leisure, residential and commercial with values in excess of £100 million. Typically their projects are from £5 Million - £50 Million dependent on the division. Our Client has a proven track record of developing outstanding projects and the majority of their work is through repeat business.
Our client can offer employees job security with a strong pipeline of projects and a yearly turnover of over £2 million.
They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work in Northampton shire on a student accommodation worth £54 Million or a commercial scheme worth £14 million. This Surveyor will be responsible for the team and heading up the project commercially reporting into an offsite Commercial Manager.
* Ensure all team members understand project accountabilities and objectives.
* Regularly reviews project accountabilities.
* Regularly monitors project objectives facilitates a change in process where appropriate.
* Regularly reviews group CR policies and ensures project teams are updated.
* Liaises with client and project teams to maximize group CR policies and or opportunities.
* Demonstrates understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up.
* Ensure main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed.
* Agree and implement project strategies with all relevant parties.
* Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximize project value.
* Ensure all subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to:-
* Measurement and valuation
* Contractual instructions / notices / orders
* Health and Safety
* Monthly MCR
* Procurement reports
* Agree and produce main and subcontract final
* Experience working with a Main Contractor on Build Projects
* 5 Years + Experience
* Ability to understand financial reports and accounts
* Demonstrable experience working on commercial sites
* Proven experience of working with high cost developments
* Strong Interpersonal Skills
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other quantity surveyor roles within the commercial build sector, please contact Jen on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)