|Job Ref:||204684145||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
Overview: Leading national civil engineering contractors in the North West are currently looking for site engineers to work on a large project within AMP6 Framework.
This project will run over 2 years' and are now looking for Site Engineers to join their team to start on £50m+ scheme
This owner operated Civil Engineering Company has grown dramatically in recent years and has multiple divisions within the civil engineering sector. They currently are working on a number of large projects within the AMP6 Framework, and are looking to secure more work within the Framework.
This site agent will be a senior member of the project team working across various projects in the North West. You will be responsible for on site management will oversee the projects while managing into your direct manager
• Active management of the complete construction process at site level,
with particular emphasis on leading safety & quality.
• Establish and maintain safe systems of work as part of developing SHE
programme and lead weekly SHE inspections.
• Be responsible and co-operate with the Project Manager to ensure work
is planned and undertaken in accordance with the Project Safety, Health
and Environmental Plan.
• Be proactive in controlling project costs and provide detailed reports on
variances against weekly forecasts.
• Identify risks and opportunities, both technical and commercial, and
take account of these in developing a strategy for successful project
• Manage and monitor the progress of work against realistic programme
milestones and advise on measures to mitigate delay as necessary.
• Be responsible for contractual matters relating to the Contract and
Subcontracts, for raising the necessary correspondence, change
management and for record keeping.
• Ensure that subcontractor and supplier contractual programmes are
within the required timescale, are regularly updated and effectively
• Be pro-active in obtaining permanent and temporary works design
information within required time-scales and ensure that the
information is cascaded as necessary.
• Chair weekly progress meetings with subcontractors and attend client
• Liaise with third parties as necessary.
• Carry out any other reasonable project tasks as instructed by the
• Demonstrate capability of successfully delivering similar projects up to a
value of £100m
• Preparation of cost forecasts and review of construction costs versus
forecasts along with the Commercial Team
• Deliver the project within budget
• Introduce improvements and innovations where appropriate
• Liaise with other function/departmental managers