|Job Ref:||204684241||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£0 - £70/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LEADING TIER ONE CONTRACTOR - UP TO £70K + BENEFITS - SURREY|
Would you like to work on some of the most exciting and interesting construction projects in the UK? Our client is a leading tier one construction company which focuses on commercial and residential projects from anywhere between £15-£40 million in value. This FTSE 250 Company prides itself in having over 100 years' experience and proven competence to undertake complex projects.
Over its different divisions, throughout London & the South East, the group employs over 3,900 staff and boasts a strong base of repeat clients. With our client each day will bring you a new and different challenge and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment.
They strongly believe that their work is defined by the people who work for them which is why they enable their people to be directly involved in shaping their own career through offering support at the different stages of your career. They believe in fostering talent in order to remain the successful business they are.
* providing commercial support to team
* preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
* preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
* preparing sub-contract inquiries and order documentation;
* re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
* In depth understanding and experience of contractual & legal processes
* preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
* preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
* monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
* preparation of contract claims information;
* evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
* checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
* setting up and maintaining contract files;
* ensuring contract cash flow is maintained;
* preparing turnover and profit forecasts;.
* Report to commercial manager for commercial aspects of project
The Candidate should ideally have:
* Degree/HND or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
* RICS Qualified
* Minimum 8 years' + experience in construction as a Quantity Surveyor
* Experience working for a Main Contractor
* Experience running your own jobs
* Experience on similar projects
* Experience with 2 stage tenders & procurement
* You will have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other quantity surveyor roles within the commercial build sector, please contact Jen on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)