|Job Ref:||204684247||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£0 - £35/annum package||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
Fawkes and Reece are currently working exclusively with one of the Tier One Main Contractors in London, our client is a renowned national contractor with over 100 years' experience in construction. With a great reputation in the market, the majority of their employee are long servers within the business so they do not recruit often.
Specializing in sectors such as commercial, residential, retail, healthcare, education and sport & leisure, their projects may include high profile developments. Project values are up to £500 Million with them typically working on projects from £25 Million - £200 Million. All these projects are Build Construction including some refurbishment and fit out schemes.
They currently employ nearly 2000 people and have offices within London. As a business they have strong teams in place and pride themselves in the ongoing training and development they offer. Employees will be given the opportunity to progress naturally with the company and be given great support and mentoring throughout their career.
They are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who has a great track record working with one of the top 20 Main Contractors to strengthen their team. You will be working in Central London on one of their prestigious, interesting projects leading a team of Surveyors.
* preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
* preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
* preparing sub-contract inquiries and order documentation;
* re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
* In depth understanding and experience of contractual & legal processes
* preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
* preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
* monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
* preparation of contract claims information;
* evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
* checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
* setting up and maintaining contract files;
* ensuring contract cash flow is maintained;
* preparing turnover and profit forecasts;.
* Report to senior QS for commercial aspects of project
The Candidate should ideally have:
* Degree/HND or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or working towards
* RICS Qualified or working towards
* Minimum 2 years' + experience in construction as a Quantity Surveyor
* Experience working for a Main Contractor
* You will have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other quantity surveyor roles within the commercial build sector, please contact Jen on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)