|Job Ref:||204684361||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newton Aycliffe||Address:||Post Code:||DL5||Salary:||£16000 - £22000/annum bonus||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:39|
My client in Newton Aycliffe are looking to recruit an Estimator to join their hard working and dedicated team.|
This is an ideal position for somebody with experience within the construction industry.
Your duties will include but not be limited too;
1. Accurately quantifying the total steel required and its associated items for a scheme.
2. Use of company software in the form of Commercial Preliminary design infill tech review sheets and Lump Sum Documents.
3. Ensuring that all documentation received from a client is comprehensive enough to
provide an accurate estimate/quotation.
4. Providing clients with a clear indication of what their finished product will look like.
5. Producing accurate lump sum estimations
6. Advising on cost possible implications / variations if design changes.
7. Liaising with clients and colleagues regarding value engineering opportunities with live projects and projects in the tender stage.
8. Being a point of contact for a client and build stronger relationships with the clients by phone.
9. Addressing commercial queries.
10. Allowing the transition from estimating to design through a sales handover procedure is comprehensive.
10. Assisting in the assessment of any area of improvement possible to the commercial side of the business.
11. Liaising with sales to improve the content of information and the process of handover to estimating.
12. Assisting the Commercial Manager and Estimating Manager where necessary, in the
preparation of documents and reports for the Board of Directors.
13. Providing relevant recommendations for the improvement of Estimating procedures.
14. Any associated duties as and when required
It is essential you have previous experience in a similar position or you have just completed studying a HNC/HND in Construction, Quantity Surveying or Estimating.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Salary is dependant upon experience.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer