|Job Ref:||204684594||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||£45000 - £48000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
Our client is a leading organisation specialising in offsite construction and modular build who are currently experiencing a period of growth. As such they are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis. |
We're looking for someone with experience in preparing Bills of Quantities, Sub-Contract Procurement and preparing Project Cost Reports. Key duties will include
• To assist in the procurement of supplier's/sub-contractors/consultants
• To commercially manage Small Works projects and provide commercial and contractual support
• Attend, lead and influence client meetings as appropriate.
• Ensure that subcontractors are engaged and managed effectively, costs are controlled and work is instructed in accordance with company policy.
• Work with financial and commercial colleagues as required, ensuring solutions are properly priced, costed and commercially managed.
• Work with the finance team to value WIP each month.
• Key individual for subcontract management - accrual figures (agreed with Finance and CM), agreement of s/c variations and accounts (both interim and final).
• Support the commercial manager in providing information under the 'open book' requirements.
• Support Operations teams for decisions made on the contract to ensure Best Value for the company is achieved.
• Provide the necessary documentation if disputes are escalated.
• Liaise with procurement in the set up and administration of subcontracts.
• Support the contract 'change control' process in all ways; coaching colleagues, development supporting information for presentation to the Client.
• Assist with reporting on the risk and opportunity allocations for the contract; assist with the contract risk register and manage this when required
As the ideal candidate you will have the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Demonstrable experience of making a material contribution to improving the returns on contracts.
• Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Desire to develop and motivated to achieving targets.
• Flexible attitude
• Values Integrity, teamwork, excellence and respect in others
• Detailed experience and understanding of JCT and NEC3 contract, and applied local variations.
• An understanding of the practices and methods when working in the public realm environment.
• PC literate and knowledge of MS suite i.e. Word, Excel etc
• Familiar with some form of commercial / costing systems
Desirable but not essential:
• PQQ Completions
• Degree level qualification in Construction / QS / estimating
• M+E knowledge
In return our client offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience along with an excellent benefits package including, pension, medical and bonus schemes