|Job Ref:||204687798||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum package||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:58|
REED Engineering is working with one of Europe's leading Temporary Works organisations who is expanding its existing teams and will be opening new offices in the UK in the near future. They are seeking an experienced Temporary Works Project Engineer to join the team in the North West (a relocation package may be available for the right candidate). |
* To convert complex enquiries from customers and the Sales Team into drawings and quotations for the supply of company equipment on a hire and sale basis.
* To support orders received from customers through production of final drawings, cost estimates, progress paperwork, and agreement of variations, as required for each project.
* To carry out work in accordance with ISO Procedures and Quality Assurance
Procedures and to have proactive responsibility for Health and Safety issues.
*Where required to assist the Sales Team in the negotiation of contracts, manage the technical interface between the company and the customer for the largest projects having multiple work fronts or structures. Relatively frequent direct contact with customers to agree progress to date, discuss future project needs and negotiate future deadlines for submission of technical work.
* Where the volume of work dictates, to manage an interim project team of Engineering Staff in order to satisfy the needs of the project and to report project progress in a consistent format to senior staff.
* Alternatively to the above 2 paragraphs to carry out on a regular basis engineering design work for projects of a more complex, intricate or specialised than those than those nature usually carried out by a Temporary Works Engineer
* To work under the control, instruction and guidance of the Engineering Manager and other senior staff and in conjunction with the Sales Team.
* To be a supportive and collaborative member of the Engineering Team
* To provide a service to customers and the Sales Team by resolving technical queries of a complex nature
* To seek assistance from senior Engineering Staff in calculations and applications when required.
* To contribute to the raising of technical standards in conjunction with the Engineering Director and Principal Engineer.
* To provide guidance/reviewing/checking in calculations and applications to others where appropriately required
* To have an input to new product design by submitting ideas for new products
* To set an example to other members of staff in the level of professionalism and performance expected.
The Project Engineer will be accountable to the appropriate Engineering Manager for:
* Preparation of schemes/calculations/quotations within time constraints reasonably demanded by the
* Design and production of safe structures/equipment in accordance with appropriate standards and product data.
Please note this is a permanent position for a Temporary Works Project Engineer, it is not for a Project Engineer to work on a temporary basis.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business