|Job Ref:||204687912||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£22000 - £30000/annum APC Support||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:58|
Our Client is a fast growing top 10 UK housing and construction company based in Oxford who are looking for an Assistant Quantity surveyor to support a commercial Manager. They focus on Planned maintenance and day to day repairs for large housing associations.|
As an assistant QS you will support the Commercial manager to help control all aspects of the designated projects in order to control and maximise the company's profitability. The initial focus will be around reporting and minimising cost until the current project has been completed, following this the successful candidate will be asked to apply the findings and assist with providing a trends analysis.
Key responsibilities will include
* To assist the Quantity Surveyor with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects.
* General day to day administrative duties.
* Commercial administration.
* Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
* Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts.
* To support the Quantity Surveyor in the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
Candidates will be expected to have a strong interest in cost management and understand the use of Schedule of Rates, Cost Analysis and Variations. Strong skills in Mirocrosoft are a must.
For this responsibility my client is will to pay between 22K - 30K per annum and support through APC.
If you or anyone you know would be interested in this role please feel free to get in contact with Nathaniel by emailing (url removed) or calling (Apply online only)