|Job Ref:||204688107||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£48000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:39|
Financial Accountant/Manager - (5 years + experience).|
Our client, a global leader in the agricultural & construction sector is looking to recruit a Financial Accountant/Manager to join their team located in the Essex area.
Statutory Reporting Preparation of local GAAP accounts at year end
* Manages the activities of the General Ledger team and ensure all deadlines are met
* Point of reference for new and existing accounting flows
* Support project teams in new initiatives with reference to accounting activities
* Detailed knowledge of commercial accounting structures - discount/warranty/manufacturing variance accounting
* Work with external and internal auditors to support in collation of financial data
* Delegation of Authority (DA) - ensure accounting entries are made in accordance with DOA/appropriate approval level and position.
* Ensuring all accounting activities are performed to required time and quality standards
* Control log for all accounting reconciliations - listing of all accounts and responsibilities. Ensure all reconciliations are completed on a timely basis, in accordance with the company's requirements
* Reporting implementation which consists of evolving and defining Chart of Accounts (COA)
* Inter company (IC) reconciliation process including the resolution of ageing issues and development of process for improving results
* Manage and develop local finance team either directly or through outsourced FCA Services team. Maintain communication flow to FCA Services team
* Proactive support to business as needed in all Accounting related activity
* Collect all relevant financial documents from various legacy systems and processes (Treasury, Inventory, Sales, Purchasing, HR, Payroll, Manufacturing, Tax etc.)
* Preparation of group financial statements and reports for management reporting, local and group requirements including also government statistics when needed
* Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information and proposing and implementing agreed solutions (including Black line)
* Participation in physical inventory, fixed and current asset checks as needed to support the accounting reconciliation and resulting accounting entries
* Support to legal entity finance, treasury and tax groups on compliance and reporting matters giving proactive support to finance activity as needed. Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
* Responsibility for maintaining accounting for P2P, OTC, payroll, travel in liaison with FCA Services activities as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or Economics required but Master's preferable in Accounting, Finance or Business.
* ACA/ACCA OR CIMA equivalent are preferable.
* Minimum 5 years of finance and / or accounting management experience with strong emphasis in precise high quality accounting in corporate environment.
* Knowledge of local regulatory and accounting reporting standards and procedures, knowledge of local fiscal accounting
* Knowledge of HFM and SAP project implementation is essential.
* Good working knowledge of IFRS. Base knowledge of US GAAP.
* Strong PC and system skills (Excel, Access, SAP, HFM Genius)
* Minimum 2 years supervisory experience of managing accounting teams
* Strong leadership skills with ability to lead and communicate effectively with all levels of management in a large, international, matrix organisation.
* Professional presentation skills and credible presence when dealing with accounting matters to highest senior management
* Strives to provide the best customer service through a positive and professional approach.
* Displays an unstinting desire to reduce costs, improve financial performance
Salary is £48,000 including benefits of a pension scheme, bonus and 25 days holiday