|Job Ref:||204688282||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable + Benefits||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:58|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Earthworks|
Our Client is one of the largest and most successful Civil Engineering Contractors in the East of England, providing a Groundwork, Foundations, External Works and Road Construction service to the construction industry.
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor you will assist in the commercial management of Groundworks and civil engineering works for Highway and infrastructure projects.
* Work alongside a senior quantity surveyor by carrying out quantity surveying functions on allocated contracts and evaluating and advising on contractual risks
* Place subcontract orders
* Carry out interim valuations
* Manage the expenditure of subcontract costs
* Prepare bills of quantities
* Plan and specification tenders
* Degree in Quantity Surveying is preferred
* 12 months Post graduate experience with a Civil Engineering / Groundworks sub contractor preferable
* Experience assisting pricing packages up to £5M
* Experienced, enthusiastic and motivated candidates with a strong and stable background in the Groundworks or Housing sector.
* Candidates must have the ability to carry out high quality commercial activities within demanding deadlines
* Client focus and a "can do" attitude are essential qualities.
If this is something of interest please call (Apply online only) ask for Alex Burgess for more information or send your CV along with a covering letter
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)