|Job Ref:||204687230||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£250 - £300/day Contract||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:39|
Project Manager |
Our client has been established for over 30 years and in that time has truly exceled in creating a reputable and credible reputation within the Heavy Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Groundworks and External works sectors. The foundations for the aforementioned reputation is built upon a proven ability to succeed in completing projects not only within budget, within programme and to specification; but also through effective communication with clients and employees, thus adding a personal touch to everything that they do. The business has diversified to provide Sub & Super structure RC Frames, Piling, Plant Hire, Hard Landscaping and also pioneering technology for laser levelling.
With Health & Safety being at the heart of their vision and values, our client ensures the appropriate accreditations / qualifications for every employee on every project; they also promote continuous personal development, with a rigid training plan in place for each individual. They also proudly present an accident rate of under 0.01% along with Management systems which are ISO 14001 IS0 19001 and OHAS 18001 accredited, having their own QHSE department and Internal Auditor.
Due to continued growth, an extremely healthy forward order workload and the recent award of a number of significant contracts our client is now seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager to ensure the safe, profitable and timely delivery of all works.
To operationally manage and deliver numerous contracts for the company through the effective management and servicing of associated clients, and with a focus upon maintaining net margins and a high level of client satisfaction.
• To direct all contracts with a hands-on approach to the day-to-day activities of the division
• To develop and implement strategic plans / programs for projects ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered with an emphasis upon service delivery; and to effectively manage all activities with regard to operations, construction, staff, quality, health and safety and planning
• To act as a focal point for the client; steering and guiding projects forward, ensuring full client liaison and development, coupled with trying to increase service levels and client focus wherever possible
• Working with the commercial team to ensure effective cash flow management, producing accurate management reports on time whilst co-operating tightly with the Financial department at all times
• Hold regular review meetings with the staff in developing a proactive focus upon quality, overheads, manpower, programming, organisation and delivery aspects
• To further develop the supply chain and sub-contractor partnering process where necessary to improve upon existing terms if possible
• To ensure a high level of teamwork and cohesion between all levels of staff
• To chair and direct regular meetings with staff to discuss progress as well as providing the directors with reports and to liaise with other Senior Managers within the Group with regard to operating policy and opportunities for work
• Report back to Directors on ongoing issues keeping them informed of any potential problems that could affect the business
• To have a proven track record in hands on leadership / management from within a civil engineering contractor, ideally with an understanding of groundworks and / or ground engineering principles
• To have run projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach but also with a hands-on attitude to clients, sub-contractors and people management
• To have had first hand experience of project management and therefore able to demonstrate a tenacious, lead from the front approach to getting the job done, and to have previous experience of working in a client / end user focused environment
• To have experience of a variety of projects
• Must possess an excellent understanding of the contracting process as well as the ability to deliver projects, both technically and commercially
• Able to demonstrate a career of steady progression, climbing through the ranks in a structured manner with reputable organisations
• Good levels of experience at both pre and post contract stage
Core Skill Set
• Ability to join an existing and established business and lead the operational aspects of projects in a positive manner with enthusiasm and drive
• A motivator and manager of others who is able to evaluate problems or issues and offer solutions
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation and to establish and maintain respect both professionally and personally
• A strong and supportive character able to guide, evolve and steer the business forward
• Should be robust and resilient, possessing drive, determination and natural enthusiasm as well as being a team player
• Must have excellent time management skills, being able to effectively prioritise and delegate against deadlines
• Open to new ideas, not set in their ways, able to think laterally
• A humanitarian approach to relationships with colleagues, staff, clients and suppliers alike
• Forceful and persuasive but able to listen and communicate effectively
• Must be loyal to the company and the Group
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience in taking the lead on groundworks, heavy civil engineering or geotechnical contracts / frameworks. An attractive day rate (contract) is on offer to the successful candidate, along security and longevity of work given the company's commitment to dedicated, profitable growth and a significant forward order workload.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality