|Job Ref:||204686727||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£350 - £400/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:57|
Duration: Long term
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
I am urgently seeking an Estimator with groundworks or RC frame experience to be based in Hertfordshire working on projects ranging from 3mil to 30 mil.
1. To provide manager / organisation information to enable them to monitor progress of tenders and highlighting issues which might impact on service quality.
2. Operate defined systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective estimating services comply with best practice and QA procedures.
3. Keep up to date with any developments in estimating systems, software and equipment, taking a personal responsibility for self-development.
4. Promote and build good working relationships with all parts of the company, providing advice and assistance to all staff on any aspect of the estimating function, processes and procedures
5. Proactively provide support to the company undertaking any other duties as identified by the Managing Director
Main Pricing Function
1. Review tender documentation and conditions and deal with changes during the tender period
2. Obtain and evaluate material quotations, liaising with buying department where necessary
3. Take off quantities and prepare internal bills of quantities when necessary
4. Price bills of quantities using analytical rate build ups where appropriate
5. Price preliminaries (site overheads and attendances)
6. Attend tender adjudication meetings
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your CV to (url removed) or call (Apply online only).
Alternatively if you know someone who would be suitable for this opportunity then please pass on these details