|Job Ref:||204686692||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Central Belt||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum plus package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:39|
Project Co-ordinator / Supervisor - Scotland (Central Belt)|
Our client is one of the UK's leading utility contractors (power, water, gas and telecoms), they are now seeking experienced Project Managers due to continued growth and the recent successful award of a number of new build, re-build, refurbishment and upgrade contracts with their principal clients Scottish Water, SSE and Scottish Power.
Due to the company's continued ambitious growth plans and a significant number of recent long term framework contract awards, our client is now looking to appoint a Project Co-Ordinator / Supervisor to support all contract activities and take responsibility for the smooth and timely procurement and availability / movement of resources, including plant, labour, materials and sub-contractors etc for projects. You will assist the Project Managers and Operational teams to ensure that they are able to deliver all works to client specification, whilst always adhering to safety and budgetary requirements.
• Responsible for the facilitation and assistance with all project and construction activities, which are undertaken by both direct labour and subcontract resources
• Maintaining safety, environmental and technical standards at site level
• Coordination and programming of resources at site level and liaison with the Project Managers as required to ensure the safe, profitable and timely delivery of all works
• Commercial and contractual awareness for the defined scope of project works
• Managing client, customer and third party relationships and / or queries
• You will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the power / electricity sector
• You will possess an electrical background with a good knowledge of project requirements associated with this industry
• Experience of site auditing and site safety management
• Good verbal and written communication skills are essential, coupled with team working and time management abilities
• Knowledge and skills are required to directly co-ordinate some of the more complex sites in addition to a more mobile role
• Management of CDM sites is desirable, along with work and resource scheduling at site level
• A good understanding of NRSWA and traffic management
• A good knowledge of environmental compliance at site level and an understanding of NERS
• An electrical engineering qualification is desirable
This challenging and exciting opportunity, based in the Central Belt, requires an individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience in the facilitation and planned co-ordination of projects from within the utilities or water arena. An attractive basic salary (permanent) plus benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the recently awarded frameworks duration along with the company's commitment to future profitable growth in Scotland.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality