|Job Ref:||204686564||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Central Belt||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum plus package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:39|
Our client is one of the UK's leading utility contractors (power, water, gas and telecoms), they are now seeking experienced Project Managers due to continued growth and the recent successful award of a number of new build, re-build, refurbishment and upgrade contracts with their principal clients Scottish Water, SSE and Scottish Power.
Applications are invited from professional individuals from either a utilities, water or power background with the expertise of safe, profitable and timely delivery of a wide array of technically complex and challenging projects.
You will be responsible for all operational aspects across various utility and multi-utility contracts and frameworks, with the role providing support to the contract management team ensuring safe, profitable and timely delivery of a wide array of technically complex and challenging projects across numerous contracts, throughout Scotland. You will provide effective management in servicing of the company's principal clients and also focus upon maintaining net margins and a high level of client satisfaction at all times.
Typical duties will include;
• To direct all sites and projects with a hands-on approach to the day-to-day activities of the division
• To develop and implement programmes and plans for the mobilisation and running of contracts, ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered with an emphasis upon service delivery; and to effectively manage all activities with regard to operations, construction, staff, quality, health and safety and planning
• To act as a focal point for the client; steering and guiding sites forward, ensuring full client liaison and development coupled with moving the business ahead by increasing service levels and client focus
• Working with the commercial team to ensure effective cash flow management.
• Hold regular review meetings with the staff in developing a proactive focus upon quality, overheads, manpower, programming, organisation and delivery aspects
• To further develop the supply chain and sub-contractor partnering process where necessary
• To ensure a high level of teamwork and cohesion between all levels of staff
• To chair and direct regular meetings with staff to discuss progress as well as providing the management with reports
• Report back to management on ongoing issues keeping them informed of any potential problems that could affect the business
• To have a proven track record in hands on leadership / management from within a reputable utility / multi-utility contracting organisation
• To ideally have run sites and projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach but also with a hands-on attitude to clients, sub-contractors and people management. To have had first-hand experience of site leadership / management and therefore able to demonstrate a tenacious, lead from the front approach to getting the job done and to have previous experience of working in a client / end user focused environment
• To have experience of a variety of utility projects including multi discipline techniques
• Must possess an excellent understanding of the site delivery / management process as well as the ability to manage and develop all assigned sites both technically and commercially
• Able to demonstrate a career of steady progression, climbing through the ranks in a structured manner with reputable organisations
• Good levels of experience at both pre and post contract stage
This challenging and exciting opportunity, based in the Central Belt, requires an individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience in taking the lead on mid to large utilities or multi-utilities contracts / frameworks. An attractive salary and benefits package (permanent) is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work, given the recently awarded frameworks duration, and the company's continued commitment to profitable growth in Scotland.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality