|Job Ref:||204686010||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
Freelance Design Manager - West London - £Competitive |
My client, a global giant in the construction industry, are looking for a Freelance Design Manager to come on board based on site in West London working on high end retail, residential and commercial projects with values exceeding £100m in value. The company are well known for cultivating a working environment dedicated to innovative ideas, solutions and individual growth. If you're looking to challenge yourself on one of a kind projects then apply below.
You will be required to manage the design of projects from tender stage through to the completion of the construction phase.
Further responsibilities will include the following:
• To develop innovative and cost effective design solutions alongside the design team
• Apply value engineering principles to ensure the best value for all parties
• Ensure an effective construction phase by applying an understanding of site management
• Assist with the Bid Management from primary enquiry to award of contract
• Manage the design team through the tender and construction period as well as arrange and attend design team meetings
• Develop relationships with new clients during concept stages as well as manage expectations and maintain existing client relationships
• Work alongside the preconstruction and project team in order to oversee the subcontract enquiries to subcontractor design packages
• Attend contractor selection interviews
• Carry out the post contract design management and carry out/oversee the design coordinator on site
• Review the design on an ongoing basis, identifying any potential problems and resolving these issues with the design team and specialist subcontractors where necessary
Alongside working for a global giant on various Landmark projects you will be offered a highly competitive rate alongside the opportunity for on-going contract work