|Job Ref:||204682164||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£350 - £400/day||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:57|
My client is a family owned construction group has expanded across the UK, and into America. They are featured highly among the top 100 Building contractors in the UK.|
Their turnover has been steadily growing for nearly 100 years and now boasts a turnover of almost £850M. They operate in the education, health, commercial office, retail and residential markets, boasting a great record of high-profile projects, with their typical project value ranging between £5M-£104M.
My client is currently seeking a design manager to carry out the following duties:
* Produce and deliver all design expectations in relation to client needs
* Monthly project reviews to monitor changes and design control
* Liaise with commercial team for cost checking
The project will see this individual reporting in to the Drawing Office Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Ideally have a degree in Architecture / Construction Management / Building studies or another industry related field.
* Have experience of Design software such as 3D CAD
* Ideally have experience working in Architectural housing design work
* Preferably have Design Management Experience
* Ideally worked for a UK top 30 building contractor
* Very good understanding of the design and build process
The project will see the estimator working on a 35M accommodation design and build project in Cardiff. Following the demolition of the existing accommodation, the project involves a complete design and build of two modern blocks, encompassing leisure facilities that include a cinema.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other Design Manager roles within the build main contracting arena, please contact Rebecca Smith on (Apply online only) or email on (url removed)