|Job Ref:||204682114||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sellafield||Address:||Post Code:||CA20||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:40|
Role Title: Sellafield Site Manager |
Reports to: Construction Manager / Head of Operations
Location: Sellafield Site
Purpose, Context & Responsibilities
• To be the responsible person at Sellafield Site for the effective allocation, management and deployment of labour and equipment resources across all projects. To ensure full compliance with the requirements of the Sellafield site license and Management Standards. To be the responsible person at site 5 compound and the main point of site contact for all my clients Sellafield interests.
• To develop on site relationships with Sellafield Ltd, Main Contractors, end users and other trade contractors and to develop new works streams on site
• To co-ordinate with Hargreaves' Project Managers to fulfil specific major Projects Sellafield site requirements.
• To oversee and manage our Health and Safety management and performance on site, working closely with our own HSE management and challenging performance across our site operations
• To control, generate, report and be responsible for all aspects of Sellafield small contracts. To enhance the profitability.
• Understand and ensure adherence to all site procedures, practices and standards at all times.
• To generate relevant contract control documentation and lifetime documentation and records associated with Sellafield small contracts.
• To arrange / ensure that the site 5 operations are conducted and documented in line with expected high standards and in accordance with the Sellafield site requirements specifically:-
• Ensure Legionella checks are carried out
• Ensure fire safety checks / evacuation exercises are carried out.
• Good housekeeping and cleaning regime to be implemented
• Pollution control exercises to be carried out
• Ensure PAT tests / equipment inspection and maintenance regime completed
• Ensure 1st aid checks are adopted
• COSHH control to be maintained
• To meet with the team at site regularly to determine and report on resource and equipment required on site and implementation of improvement projects.
• To be my clients representative for Safety, Health, Environment, Quality at Sellafield.
• To actively involve Office based senior staff in workforce consultations, audits and improvements.
• To conduct regular audits, generate improvement plans and ensure their successful implementation.
• To manage and report on resource and site equipment utilized on site ensuring costs are kept to a minimum and efficiencies are demonstrated.
• In conjunction with HR Department, manage and maintain all passes, training records, radiological records ensuring required renewals are completed to have available necessary resource available.
• To conduct SQEP reviews of site personnel.
• To ensure attendances and timesheets are generated and verified for all site based personnel, reporting to ECIA operatives attendances as required monthly.
• To continually monitor and improve business practices and procedures necessary for the successful operation of site 5.
• To supervise the work undertaken by all involved within projects under their control.
• To ensure that requisite method statements / risk assessments are produced and are being adhered to and generate safe systems of work.
• To report to Projects Department Manager on a regular basis the status of the site operations.
• To ensure that all personnel follow company, client and legal requirements in the performance of their duties and where necessary follow appropriate HR procedures.
• To generate/oversee the necessary purchase orders (& sub contracts) for the projects, negotiating best value for the business, improving where possible tender allowances to enhance profitability, while ensuring that terms and conditions are appropriate and to the best advantage to the company.
• To approve payments and valuations of orders on the projects ensuring that progress is in line with demonstrated status and to the best advantage to the business. Seeking approval as required by the delegated authority schedule.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
Good communication skills at all levels are required, via all mediums.
Good knowledge of the heating and ventilation industry, manufacturing techniques and site installation methods.
Ability to represent the best interests of the company in direct dealings with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors.
Be aware of costs likely to be incurred by decisions made.
Understanding of the companies contractual obligations.
A good working knowledge of the operation of safe systems of work.
An ability to develop client relationships at all levels.
A conscientious, positive and reliable attitude to performing the task.
Full UK driving licence
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
Be aware of and be familiar with different forms of contract.
Key Relationships •
Client, Project Manager(s) , Construction Manager, HR Department,
Purchasing Manager, Site Supervisors, Design and Engineering Manager,
Head of Operations, Lead Health & Safety Manager and his team,