|Job Ref:||204682082||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Blackburn||Address:||Post Code:||AB21||Salary:||£36000 - £43000/annum + Pension||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:57|
Posted by: Kensington Consulting Ltd|
Role: Civil Design Engineer
Location: Preston, Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton
Salary: £36 - 38,000 D.O.E.
Reporting directly into the Design Manager, the role of Civil Design Engineer will produce application suggestions, tender submissions and design submissions for reinforced structures and provide clients with quotations and advice on product and technical specifications. Key responsibilities will include:
* Prepare and provide clients with cost effective Tender Submissions, calculating unit rates and costings of construction using the Company's products in order to secure sales.
* Produce fully indemnified Design Submissions as part of the legally binding contract documentation.
* Assist the Design Manager and Chief Civil Engineer in the training and ongoing development in the use of Company software, design methods and construction techniques of the Company's worldwide network of Distributors, licensees, consultants, contractors and clients as well as internal employees as required.
* Advise and liaise with clients to assist in the preparation of Application Suggestions, Tender Submissions and Design Submissions.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified to BEng or above in Civil Engineering or related discipline and have an in-depth working knowledge of Auto-Cad. As Civil Design Engineer you will also need to demonstrate the following:
* Ability to interact with Clients and fully understand the requirements
* Provide safe and cost effective solutions very quickly on occasions with limited data
* Self-motivated and able to work with a degree of autonomy
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to integrate across a matrix organisation
* Presentations to groups
* Experience in Geotechnical Engineering is critical for this role
Our client is an established civil engineering organisation.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kensington Consulting Ltd.
Kensington Consulting Ltd operates as a Recruitment / Employment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment / Employment Business for the provision of temporary candidates. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role