|Job Ref:||204683049||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum plus package||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:56|
Electrification Supervisor |
Our client is one of the leading rail infrastructure suppliers in the UK. From feasibility studies, planning and design through to implementation and asset management, they provide multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure services across the lifecycle of rail assets. Their expertise covers electrification, track, power, signalling, civils, specialist rail plant, railway systems and technologies.
They deliver design and engineering services in Electrification, Permanent Way and Civil Engineering for railways, offering a full range of support through a project life cycle from feasibility studies to detailed design and beyond.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for an Electrification Supervisor to join their Rail Division based in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day supervision of ETE (Electrical track equipment), ETM (Electrical track maintenance) and LV works. The Supervisor will be in charge of all sub contract workers on site as well and assist with planning and programme management. You will be liaising with the P Way, civils and construction teams. Initially this position will assigned to a spotlight major project in London.
As an Electrification Supervisor, you will be:
• Responsible for daily supervision of ETE, ETM, 3rd Rail and DC works at London Bridge
• Contributing to planning and programme management of ETE works, alongside other supervisors
• Delegating work and tasks, briefing/de-briefing team members, subcontractors and suppliers to confirm requirements and clarify delivery arrangements
• Producing Task Brief Sheets, Work Package Plans (Work Methodology) for works in line with company procedures and policies
• Knowledge of Network Rail electrification standards, DC isolation process, 3rd Rail and traction
• Knowledge of HSE regulations
• Experience of electric track cabling and third rail electrification installations
• Computer literate and report writing skills
• Appreciation of CDM Regulations and risk management
• Undertake risk assessments
• Experience of conducting site/team briefings
• Ability to plan tasks as well as knowledge of site based works
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a strong rail electrification background and understanding of ETE and ETM works. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package, including a company vehicle, is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality