|Job Ref:||204689048||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£21600 - £25700/annum dependent on experience||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:42|
My client is seeking to expand its technical Service Desk team with a number of new Service Desk Analysts and is offering both a superb working environment and great team dynamics as well as a competitive salary and career development opportunities.|
Would you like to work for a client that regularly invests millions in its IT facilities every year? Do you seek the challenge of a wide and varied user base seeking your expert support across a number of platforms and applications? Would you like to work in the centre of England's greenest city, close to all transport links? The hiring manager is looking for "thoroughly nice people with excellent problem solving skills who just get things done."
Then we have the job for you - provide customer-facing, first line support services for the organisation's portfolio of IT applications and services prioritising incidents and requests for support to agreed targets and service level agreements (SLAs) and escalating incidents to field support teams or problem management for resolution where appropriate.
• Provide advice to users on systems, products and services available
• Support users on a virtual / remote basis - handling requests for support via a mix of methods: telephone; email; online chat
• Providing information to fulfil requests or enable resolution, whether that be a first time fix or via escalating the problem when required.
• Assist users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services
• Demonstrate, install and commission desktop systems and their routine upgrades. Provide information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities etc.
• Interpret technical or procedure manuals on behalf of non-technical users and train/instruct users accordingly
• Following agreed procedures, respond to requests for support by identifying, registering and categorising incidents.
• Provide information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocate incidents as appropriate.
• Provide an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable. This interface includes documenting incidents, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
Essential skills and experience:
• A sound knowledge of IT and generic desktop software tools and experience working in a customer service environment
• An understanding of the various types of system software
• Analytical problem solver; able to solve problems and learn from outcomes
• Ability to acquire the necessary information to resolve a customer's issue
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish relationships and maintain contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines
• Working to deadlines and within Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and the ability to prioritise and cope with conflicting demands/deadlines
• Excellent customer service skills
Desirable skills and experience:
• ITIL ® Foundation in IT Service Management ( ITSM ), SDI Service Desk Analyst or equivalent
• An understanding of networking and communications systems
• An understanding of automated systems
Offering a competitive salary package, my client is looking for at least half a dozen SDAs to complement the existing team and support its restructuring plans.
Please call us today to find out more or send your CV for review. This really is a superb opportunity for customer service focused individuals to join a leading organisation committed to delivering the very best advanced IT services and solutions to its customer base
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team. Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role and does not discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role