|Job Ref:||204689047||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£40000 - £43000/annum plus excellent benefits package||Post Date:||16/10/2016 03:41|
OVERVIEW: "Pre & Post Sales Technical Support Consultant / Engineer" (Radio/Command and Control Systems) required to cover EMEA. Up to 50% travel expected. You absolutely MUST have a Radio/Wireless/Tetra/PMR/DMR/Command and Control or similar complex communications systems support background. |
LOCATION:- UK / EMEA Head office is in Hampshire in the Basingstoke area and you WILL be expected to work in this office when not travelling or on customer sites.
SALARY: Target salary C£40K basic (there is flexibility upwards for a strong candidate!) plus excellent corporate benefits package including pension, health, income protection and much more!
For over 30 years, my client has been providing mission-critical communications solutions to public safety, transportation and utilities. They design, develop and manufacture and implement a wide spectrum of communication equipment including radio dispatch consoles, emergency call taking telephone systems, paging infrastructure and custom solutions. My client has installed thousands of systems and deployed over 20,000 console operator positions worldwide.
Due to ongoing expansion and market demand, my client has a fantastic opportunity for a proven Pre and Post Sales Technical Support Engineer / Systems Support Consultant to provide pre and post installation technical support and to manage on-site installations for channel partners and customers primarily on all company radio systems and telephony products.
This role will entail up to 50% travel across EMEA however you will be required to live within an hour of the company's office which is based near Basingstoke as you will work from the office when you are not on-site or travelling.
Additional role duties beyond the aforementioned include;
- Develop and deliver customer-specific training programmes
- Investigate, diagnose, report and provide solutions to customer problems and/or escalates issues to management/ engineering as required
- Carry out customer acceptance testing, including system build and test, documentation of test plans and results, recording of as-built configurations and customer training
- Organize and maintain accurate and up-to-date project and QMS records
- Investigate and repair returned products, including initial review/diagnosis, repair, and/or redirection of product to factory
- Maintain accurate and timely records of customer support activities, actions and commitments on the Customer Support system
- Travel both internationally and domestically as required
- Participate in an "On Call" support programme (shared on a rota with 5 other Support Consultants!)
- Experience in at least TWO of the following areas: conventional and/or trunk radio systems, radio/telephony control room systems, digital radio systems and/or IP/data networks
- HNC/Degree qualified
- Solid experience in a technical and engineering support role
- Knowledge of Server 2012, SQL and Linux (CentOS) advantageous NOT essential
- Ability to successfully and efficiently perform multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in conducting technical product trainings, demonstrations and presentations to customers, business partners and resellers in various settings, including customer sites, trade shows, etc
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately.
- Good listening and problem-solving skills with ability to determine solutions to, and answer questions related to, moderately complex technical problems or issues.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with high level of initiative and self-motivation
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with an establised growing global market leader which offers excellent training & continuing professional development, my client offers;
* a highly competitive salary, and a benefits package including private medical insurance, contributory pension, life assurance and much more!
* a fantastic friendly but extremely pleasant working environment in an extremely pleasant office location
* There are also chances for career progression for the right candidate
IF you are a strong match to the VERY specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible. We regret that candidates who are NOT a very close match CANNOT BE CONSIDERED.
Keywords; Systems Engineer, PMR, DMR, Private Mobile Radio, Digital, Communications, Wireless, TETRA, Integrated Command and Control systems, ICCS, IP, telephony, network, networks, support, application, engineer, consultant, pre-sales, pre sales, presales, post